Sunday 17 June 2007

All Hail Mrs. K!

Mrs. K look-a-like Susan Sarandon...


Fathers Day! ... and as I awoke from my alcohol induced slumber, I was greeted by my best ever Fathers Day present. Although the present was 'officially' bought for me by the Three Gingers (my lovely boys), there was no escaping the fact that the gift was really purchased by my fabulous wife.

So what, dear readers, was this special gift? I'll tell you shortly. But first let's contextualise how great this is... Mrs. K is not a gamer. In fact, she has expressed at times, how difficult it can be to be:

a.) One female in a house with four males, and:

b.) To be the only member of the house, who in one way or another, is not a compulsive gamer...

OK... Apart from these two facts, this most patient of creatures has had to endure nearly a year of me sitting in the living room with my back to her, tapping away at the keyboard, writing the crap that you see posted on this, and my other blogging collaborations.

Then there is the fact that Mrs. K has had to see me blow our hard earned family budget, on the 14 consoles (and their associated software and peripherals) that constitute my gaming obsession.

In something of a concession to this fact, the little living room in our house, was always console free. However, since my 40th birthday, I've managed to sneak both a Wii AND a Dreamcast under the 60HZ TV in this 'console free' room. And Mrs. K has allowed it, without any protest! In fact, I wouldn't even have a Wii if my lovely wife had not facilitated it...


OK. So what did I receive for Father's Day? How about this!!!...

Item 1.) A Serano Montreal super comfy computer chair! For about six months I've been sitting in front of the PC, on a wooden 'kitchen table' chair (Groan!)... You don't know how uncomfortable that can get. Despite the ample padding on my posterior, this could be a harsh environment for the buttocks (and strenuous on the back...)!


But wait! It gets better!!!

Item 2.) As well as this I got... *Drum roll* a HoMedics Shiatsu Massaging Cushion!!!!!! Holy Motherfeckin' Crap! Slip this bad boy onto the computer chair, plug it in and WAHEY! I've got an automated massage of the lower back, upper back or all over!


Seriously people, this is the SHIZZLE! Within the cushion is some mechanized device that sends rollers up and down the spine, pumelling your lumbar regions, easing away the tensions of the day!!!

So in terms of appreciation, I just wanted to make this post, available to the world to say... Mrs. K! (Berni) I love you, you are the best thing that ever happened to me and THANKYOU! For my present and for rocking my world.


This is FK, (with a tear in his eye, but a massively relaxed back and very comfortable buttocks), signing out...

Peace y'all!

12 comments:

gnome said...

You know something? You're probably the luckiest man I know. Heck, you even make marriage sound like ..uh.. fun?! Hope you're not part of a mysterious attempt to turn me into an ex-bachelor. Afer I wouldn't be able to afford it you know :)

Anyway. Take care of your love and gingers Father, and make sure to drop by Greece. I'm buying!

You lucky bastard, you...

fatherkrishna said...

I am! I've probably down-played how lucky I am... But you know what?

I'm blessed in many ways...

:)

Anonymous said...

FK! I can relate to you 100%. my better half always has to complain how im always on the computer and to stop playing video games but that is just cause they care about us.

HAPPY FATHERS DAY FATHERKRISHNA!!

fatherkrishna said...

Why thank you Mikey! :)

NebachadnezzaR said...

Congratulations Father K!

Enjoy your new chair, i'm sittin in a regular wooden one and man, it hurts after some time :(

Anyway, you deserve it.

And on your way to Greece, if you happen to drop by Portugal, i'm buying! :)

And who knows, maybe i can find some crates of lap dancers...

fatherkrishna said...

Wow! Thanks Nebacha! Looks like I need to plan a European tour... Now if I just had some money...

(oh and BTW, talk to Elderly, he seems to know where you can get crates of lap dancers...) LOL! ;)

Random J said...

Ooooo! A massage chair. You can just sit and jiggle away. I think I need one of those.

NintenDood said...

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!!!!!!!

gnome said...

Happy Krishna day too!

Unknown said...

(attempts to sit on FK's chair... house alarm goes off.. and three red headed ninja enter with katanas....)

..oops... silly me... tripped...

:)

a Susan Sarandon looka like.. you lucky lucky lucyl bas.....

fatherkrishna said...

Aint that the truth! :)

Unknown said...

Can I borrow your wife over my birthday...? I could use a combo chair collaboration like that..!!