Saturday 16 February 2008

Ripped Off... Again...



I keep buying stuff off eBay, but I've recently experienced my second Saturn disappointment in the space of a year... First was a Saturn steering wheel that didn't work... (Categorize that as disappointment #No.1)


Next I purchased a bundle off eBay... Virtua Cop, a red Light Gun and a holy grail, Area 51!!!

It cost me about £20 (or more!) for a game I already had (VC) , my 5th Light Gun and a really desired Light Gun title... Area 51! (Imagine my disappointment when said game came back with a huge crack on the disc...Categorize that as disappointment #No.2...)


So instead of trying to recoup my losses, I just went out and spent a further £20 on Area 51 again!

What depresses me is that I could've bought the Wii version of NiGHTS for the same amount of money....

But I didn't! If this disc comes back playable, I'll be happy...

Let's hope I get to shoot alien ass soon...


There's only so much a man can take...

8 comments:

gnome said...

OK, that's plain unacceptable. You should really contact the eBay seller and demand a refund or his head on a spike. Then you be a good Father, buy Nights and review it. How's that?

elend said...

Oh, sad to hear that, Father!

What I noticed whilst buying PAL Games on ebay is, that the japanese handle their stuff with much more care, than the PAL users (or US maybe) do. I bought approx. 150 japanese Games and only 2 were in a bad condition. Then I started to collect PAL, bought around 40 PAL Games and 90 % of them were in a really bad condition. I know, the PAL cases are really fragile and I wouldn't mind that much. But the manuals and CDs are often... well... I was really amazed, that my Saturn still read them!

Anonymous said...

I would try ebay.com, a US copy of it is no more than $10 (5 GBP)

fatherkrishna said...

Well, I've decided to bite the bullet and keep hold of my package (I did after all get a working red Light Gun and my 5th copy of Virtua Cop...)

But I think my buying of Saturn games off the internet will cease...

I bought both a demo and full blown game of Burning Rangers (Japanese versions) ...and although it looks pretty cool, I don't know it was worth the money for the gameplay I'm getting out of it...

The only Saturn games that I actually still give regular gameplay to are Virtua Cop 1&2, HOTD, Sega Rally, Daytona, NiGHTS, Pandemonium, The VF series, Fighting Vipers, Fighters Megamix and Dead Or Alive.

The rest are just collectables or games I buy for reviewing purposes on the SJY.

I'm hoping Area 51 will be an addition to that "still play" list...

I even played Panzer Dragoon for half an hour the other day and felt unmoved...

elend said...

Well, I play only a couple of games regularly, too. That's what makes me a bit sad. That I don't feel the "magic", which I would have felt back then when I was a tad younger..

Unknown said...

Is area 51 a really rare game? i bought an almost perfect condition one for $3 in a local store near my home

Ross said...

People in the U.S. and U.K. treat their games like garbage. It's hard to find a used game in mint condition in any second-hand store. What's strange is that I play my games A LOT and they're still in perfect condition.

Anonymous said...

I hate cracked cases and scratched discs. It really isn't that hard to keep them in good condition. The only real way to crack a case is to sit on it...