Saturday 15 November 2008

Judgement/Fighting Force on Sega Saturn

http://www.hidden-palace.org/?

Hey, do you remember how Fighting Force was supposed to be a Sega Saturn exclusive before Core suddenly decided to switch its development over to the Playstation? It was the first worrisome sign that the system wasn't going to be as fierce a competitor in the video game market as its predecessor, the Sega Genesis.

Anyway, someone's managed to find the early beta version of Fighting Force (dubbed Judgement Force) for the Sega Saturn. It doesn't look too pretty after being held in cold storage for a decade, but hey, Saturn fans have to take what they can get these days. On a side note, it looks like Saturn Junkyard member elend had something to do with this game getting dumped, so be sure to give him props for that.

3 comments:

NebachadnezzaR said...

This is so awesome I'm speechless! Thank you ArugulaZ for bringing that to our attention and thank you elend for, apparently, helping fund this release.

You, sir, are the reincarnation of Segata himself, and I can't wait to hear from you about this.

I'm downloading it now!

fatherkrishna said...

Wow! This is most fabulous! Well done Arugulaz for highlighting this, and a huge well done to elend for helping to bring this rare nugget into our Saturn community!

I'm wiping a tear away as we speak...

elend said...

Heh, I just donated some money to it. I am quite happy that it's finally out. I still have to try it out, though. Don't have that much time at the moment, since I am switching jobs. But I think I'll find a free spot soon. Gotta post some more Segata Sanshiro Stuff I bought as well!