Monday 29 December 2008

Dezaemon 2 Shmup Galore - Part 2!

Ho, ho, ho, it has been Christmas... again!

Wasn't it like yesterday, that the Dezaemon 2 Save Game Manager has been released by the Satakore.com staff around Christmas? Damn, as time goes by. It's actually 1 year by now and I wasn't even able to finish some "projects" regarding Dezaemon, which I had in the pipeline. But don't worry, soon they'll be finished and be posted here.

But the more important news today is, that the Satakore.com staff wasn't lazy and actually released the Dezaemon 2 Save Game Manager Volume 2! Oh my, what a feast. This thing opens - once again - the world of Dezaemon 2 user made shmups to you and your Saturn. On the CD are approx. 70 games and I think there are once again quite some pearls amongst them. The "Urban" series for example, which consists of "Urban Assault" (horizontal) and "Urban Uprising" (vertical).


(click for bigger versions)

Check out those great and moody graphics! Don't tell me, you wouldn't love to play all this. So, go head to Satakore.com and download the ISO of the Dezaemon 2 Save Game Manager Volume 2 and be sure to cancel all apointments, since you'll need weeks to go through all those games.

7 comments:

NebachadnezzaR said...

Oh man, time definitely flies by... I would love to try some of those, but don't you need a memory card or something? Or do they work with an emulator?

elend said...

Yeah you need a memory card for these. And a chipped Saturn actually, which could be more of a problem. Anyway, it's really worth it and a memory card should be in every Saturn fan's collection anyway.

But now that you mention it... it should work with an emulator as well, actually?

Caleb said...

So the swap trick will not work with this CD?

elend said...

Oh... well it should. I am not sure, but I think it'll work as well. I just thought of the Modchip because of the CD-R thingy, etc.

ArugulaZ said...

The problem with Deza 2 is that it won't recognize unlicensed save cartridges, including the 4-in-1 cartridge you probably used to load the game. That makes the utility really frustrating to use unless you've got a spare save cartridge handy.

elend said...

Ah yeah, noticed that myself. I bought one of these 16 MB cartridges and it doesn't work with Dezaemon 2 or the Save Game Manager. So I just use the official Sega 8 MB Memory Card. Depending on the Size of the games, there still fit approx. 3 - 5 games on it in one go. So it's ok.

fatherkrishna said...

Wah! I don't have a modded Saturn, have never mastered the swap trick and don't own an official Saturn memory card! Let me know how the emulation side of things works...

Terrific work as usual elend!