Tuesday 28 April 2009

Happy Console Gamer - Guardian Heroes



No, despite the title this is not another Angry Video Game Nerd rip-off. Quite the opposite, actually, since this is not a humorous video but a serious, accurate and in-depth review. Of an obscure Saturn game! Actually, for Saturn enthusiasts, Guardian Heroes is pretty well-known, despite the fact that most haven't played it. This is probably due to the fact that it's one of the most rare and expensive games out there. Not Radiant Silvergun or Psychic Killer Taromaru-expensive, but still it can cost you as much as a new Xbox 360 game or even more, depending on your luck.

I have a copy of it and played for a little bit once, but just to see if it was working or not, not to really play it, so I can't tell you much about it. This video sure made me want to play it seriously, though.

7 comments:

Caleb said...

Nice review.

The GBA version was HARD compared to the Saturn Version.

Commander Tim said...

Long-time reader, first-time comment. OG Saturn guy here. Launch day purchaser, large collection of original titles, yadda yadda...

Anyway, this line:

"Actually, for Saturn enthusiasts, Guardian Heroes is pretty well-known, despite the fact that most haven't played it."makes me sad. I remember the day I bought GH after reading a glowing review in GameFan magazine (who were always staunch supporters of the Saturn). Anyway, I really enjoy the site, even though a lot of the time I find myself doing the "damn kids, get off my lawn" thing with some of the comments. Sorry, being an old gamer, that often happens... nothing personal.

NebachadnezzaR said...

What makes you feel that way?

The Plushiest said...

Guardian Heroes is truly an awesome game. Treasure certainly knew how to put together a great arcade style fighting game with a lot of depth and character.

fatherkrishna said...

Nice review indeed! Good to see a bit of passion for the Saturn!

Tonal Bliss said...

I have never played Guardian Heroes (although I have always owned a Saturn...). I wish I had some free money so that I could buy it though. :)

Leishtek said...

Something only NcsX & Play-Asia have, you too can play for free using emulation. Time to dance with glee! :)