Wednesday 18 August 2010

Look what I got in the mail...


A good-will gift from the Americas, full of exotic goods from the kind people that inhabit those vast lands. Sorry for the bad joke, but from the time it took to cross the atlantic and the condition of the package it sure looked like it sat in the cargo-hold of a 17th century galleon for months. Don't worry, thought, the inside as you can see is impeccable.

What you're seeing is the grand prize for the first ever Saturn Junkyard contest, held by our own dear Barry the Nomad. As you might recall I snatched the first place thanks to my amazing sense of opportunity (that is, I was the only participant in the first round xD ) and thanks to that I'm now the proud owner of "1st High Flying Issue" of NiGHTS into Dreams and the 2009 Free Comic Book Day issue of Sonic the Hedgehog! Fucking yes!

You know what they say, the price was great...eheh...

Sorry, I'll stop...

Also, if I remember correctly the rules specified that, were the winner from another country, he had to take a picture showing that. Well, had this happened sometime ago, when the World Cup was still around, I wouldn't have any problem finding portuguese flags waving around everywhere, but right now they're a little harder to find so the best I could come up with was this:


It's an old book I got from my grandpa, from the time of the Salazar dictatorship, basically a fantasized retelling of our history that makes Portugal look like the best country ever. Yeah, the 2oth century was complicated for us...

Also, some traditional music, if you fancy that:



Oh, and I had completely forgotten about this:


When I saw it, at first I was scared, then curious, then confused, and then finally I realized what it was :P

Thanks for everything, Barry, you're the man ;)

5 comments:

kyn said...

haha, praça da alegria.

Barry the Nomad said...

Wow! I sent that on Saturday and you've already received it! :) Talk about fast shipping.

Glad you enjoy it! The extra items were little "sorry 'bout it being sent late" gifts. I had hoped The Observatory CD would freak you out a bit. lol

I forgot, did I include any games?

Anywho, thanks for playing! I'll be starting up the NiGHTS comics articles again soon.

NebachadnezzaR said...

kYn, oh yeah, que maneira melhor de mostrar que sou tuga? xD

Barry, really? I honestly thought it got lost in the mail or something, particularly because the envelope/box thingy looked beaten to death (I wonder how the stuff inside survived without a scratch).

Also, funny story, you did include a Virtua Fighter 2 cd, but it was so deeply buried in the box, away from the rest of the stuff, that I only noticed it when I was on my way to the trash can. It was out of sheer luck that I saw it. Lol.

Thanks once again, man, this stuff is really awesome ;)

Barry the Nomad said...

Ha! No problem. Glad you spotted the VF2 disc, I know it's a game that 99% of Saturn owners own, but you never know when a backup copy will come in handy. :)

fatherkrishna said...

So you mean my prize might still arrive in the post one day?